A moment in time...
Photo illustration © Virginia McCorkell
Time is too slow for those who wait, too swift for those who fear, too long for those who grieve, too short for those who rejoice, but for those who love, time is not. -- Henry Van Dyke, In Love

Updates -

Welcome -- Jaxon Dwight Hill
Born September 26, 2006, at 8:25 a.m.
8 lbs., 4 oz. -- 19-1/2 inches
Proud Parents: Nathan & Brenda Anderson Hill
Big Sister & Big Brother: Jazmine & Jonathan Hill
Grandparents: Dwight & Janie Anderson & Mertis Hill

Photos © Mavis Morgan
Angelique ("Angel") gets a horseback ride, with neighbor Kayla Copeland leading the horse, left; Alyssa & Angel play with the puppies, right.

UPDATE -- Freesemann sisters visit grandparents
by Grandma Mavis Anderson Morgan
Hope, ND

Another annual "vacation time" brought Alyssa and Angel Freesemann from Burnsville, Minnesota, to Hope, North Dakota, to visit their grandparents, Tom and Mavis Morgan, for a week on the farm the first part of August.

This year Alyssa was a big 9 years old so she was able to drive the golf cart on her own around the farm giving Angel, 7, rides. We don't consider the price of gas when we are having great fun, do we?

The playhouse of 31 years was really used this time when three close neighbor girls, ages 11, 9, and 6, came over to play and spend hours and meals with Alyssa and Angel. They are the most well mannered children one would ever want to meet. Our hope is all five can be together again next summer.

The girls played with many of the same toys their mother, Marlee, and Aunties Merna and Char played with. The doll high chair in last week's mystery picture, in which Marlee's cat sat when fed ice cream, is still there. (Sorry to say, that is the cat that didn't make it, because of overeating.)

Swimming, swinging on the homemade swing, Dairy Queens, merry-go-round rides, visiting friends, getting horseback rides, playing with two little puppies, making A and A strawberry and rhubarb jam, husking and eating corn on the cob, learning about a threshing machine of the 1930's, and croquet were some of the things that filled the week.

Our thanks to Tim and Char and family for bringing them from The Cities and to Merna and Lindsay for giving them a ride back in time for swimming lessons.

Photo © Mavis Morgan
Alyssa & Angel learn about threshing machinery in the 1930's.

Photo © Mavis Morgan
Playing with new friends in Mom's old playhouse -- in back: Emily Rylie, Alyssa Freesemann & Sheyenna Rylie; in front: Angel Freesemann & Jayla Rylie.

Photos © Mavis Morgan
Jettison with cousin Ryan & Auntie Merna Hellevang, left; aboard his jumping horse with Grandpa Tom Morgan and cousin Frank Morgan and Frank's wife, Susan, visiting from England, right.

UPDATE -- Jettison Freesemann visits grandparents
by Grandma Mavis Anderson Morgan
Hope, ND

The last two weeks of August found Jettison Freesemann, 15 months old, visiting his grandparents, Tom and Mavis Morgan at Hope, North Dakota.

He, and his dad, Troy, had gotten a ride from The Cities to North Dakota with Jeff Gauderman. Troy had come to pick up a car and Jett remained to have some quality time with us.

Jett really enjoyed running in the wide open spaces. Anytime he would hear the word "outside" he made a dash for the door to be sure he could squeeze out as soon as it opened. He enjoyed watching the birds fly around, the airplanes making motor sounds. He enjoyed going for walks with Grandpa and rides in his stroller and on the golf cart. He loved riding on his jumping horse.

While he was here, Tom's cousin and his wife came from London and he became very good friends with them. They had a big package for Jett. It was his favorite animal, a puppy. Also a book that cousin Frank read to him and a nice, dressy vest. He was a lucky boy to get a gift from England.

Jett played with some of the Fisher Price toys his mother played with in the 1970's. They never wear out, it seems.

Photos © Mavis Morgan
Jettison drives tractor with Grandpa Tom, left; with folded flag, right.

UPDATE -- Keith celebrates the big 30!
by Lori Anderson
Irvine, CA

Keith reached a great milestone this week ... he turned 30! To celebrate, the Andersons and Masons got together at his folks' house on Sunday afternoon. We had a nice dinner, followed by a tasty cake from the same bakery that made our wedding cake.

And Keith hopes to keep up with our amateur photography hobby -- he got some cool new camera stuff, plus a couple of tickets to the Angels game on Friday night, which Keith is really excited about, even though it looks like they won't make the playoffs. The game will be fun, but I'm more excited about the free fireworks show at the stadium after the game. :)

Photos © Lori Anderson
Keith gets new photo gear and a big, beautiful birthday cake!

Photo illustration © Virginia McCorkell
Captain Jack Adair and Brendan Larson played at Ann Larson's Yarn Garden grand opening, upstairs in the old post office in Anoka, Minnesota. It made for a very inviting welcome to step in the door on the lower level and hear the music drifting down the open stairway --Ginny McCorkell.

UPDATE -- Captain Jack & Brendan play well together
by Capt. Jack Adair
Coon Rapids, MN

One of the big compliments we got that day was being asked several times how long we've been playing together. Well, once before, for about two hours two weeks ago.

It's a mutual admiration society ... Brendan likes to play with me, and I with him. I think he is extremely good on his guitar(s) and he is also "self taught." I find it unique that years ago Brendan's parents (now deceased) were very good friends of Ginn and I, and his dad and I used to get together and play guitars, too. In fact, you can just see a piece of a guitar on the right that belonged to Brendan's Dad, along with the old amplifier in the background in the photo below.

As I feel most comfortable with a guitar in my hands, I'll be writing more and including some of my favorite guitar pictures. But this is all for now. Rufus says Hi. {I did not!}

Capt. Jack

Photo © Amy Eckel
Not to supplant Ginny's photo and all the work she did on it, but this one was taken on Brendan's camera and I'm smiling, an unusual feature. -- Capt. Jack

Day to Day R
With Donna Mae
Ashby, MN

Photo © Donna Johnson
My daycare "visitors" Brooklynn and Rylie Johnson, enjoying all the children! Back row: Katie Hoffman, Rylie Johnson, Anissa Heinrich, Ganon Heinrich, Caity Chap; front row: Torin Olson, Cecilia Nelson, Brooklynn Johnson, Jayce Chap, Jackie Hoffman.

The Matriarch Speaks W
by Dorothy (Dake) Anderson
Alexandria, MN

Photos © Donna Johnson
Don builds decks for Becky's new home -- with a ramp for my Jazzy!

Who Is This?

Let's Play a Guessing Game: Whenever it is handy to do so, we will run a picture of someone of the subscribers or staff members of our e-magazine. Tell us who you think it is -- we will let you know who was the first to guess it right -- and the correct guess -- in the following week's Bulletin.

(Send us some to run; we will line them up in our staging area to take their turn. Thanks to Mavis Anderson Morgan for sending two of last week's mystery pictures. We snitched the third one off Lori Anderson's web site -- with her permission.)

How many can you identify?

Answers to last week's mystery pictures (click here to review them):

The three little ones are Marlee Morgan (Freesemann), Dwight Anderson and Lori Anderson (Mason).

Elaine Wold
Wahpeton, ND

I will take a very far out guess on the pictures. The first one might be Mitzi, and the second one might be Don Anderson, and the third one may be Don and Dorothy's. I was so surprised to find out who last week's GUESS was. A lovely looking older couple.

Betty Droel
MoundsView, MN

My guesses are: Marlee Morgan (Freesemann), my dad (Dwight Anderson) and Lori Anderson.

Brenda Anderson Hill
Dwight, ND

The mystery photos were a lot of fun to see this week. Dad said the boy in the middle photo is Uncle Dwight. And the girl on the right is me, Lori Anderson, holding our pet pug, Cocoa.

Lori Anderson
Irvine, CA

The first is a little girl who loved her kitty and fed him lots of good food and ice cream. Sorry to say, the kitty died from fat around the heart. Her name is Marlee Joy Morgan Freesemann, my daughter.

The second picture is my little brother who was born in 1945 when I was 10 years old. I cared for him a lot and sang "Pony Boy" to him. I think it helped him to be the musician he is today! His name now is Grandpa Dwight Douglas Anderson.

The third picture is my dear niece in California, Lori Lynn Anderson Mason. In December 1979, we visited the Andersons and Lori was 14 months old. She was quite ill with a fever and wanted to be held, so it was my privilege to hold her a lot and comfort her during this time when her mother was busy cooking for us North Dakotans. Remember that, Lori?

Mavis Anderson Morgan
Hope, ND

I'm only about a week late reading The Bulletin! I know the "Guess Who?"s!

The first picture is of Marlee Morgan Freesemann with her kitty. The middle picture is Dwight Anderson. And the last picture is Lori Anderson with Buster.

Janie Anderson
Wahpeton, ND

Going to see Great Grandpa Mellon
by Steve Miller
Coral Springs, FL

Seeing the photos of Great Grandpa Mellon in Bulletin 221 and Bulletin 222 recently helped me to recall going to see them (he and his second wife, Lulu) in Minneapolis. Now this would have probably taken place in the middle 1950's.

You must understand: going to Minneapolis at that time was a once or twice a year event and not to be taken lightly. Plans and arrangements were made long in advance. When the big day arrived, we had to leave very early in the morning, stop to pick up Grandma and Grandpa Dake at Howard Lake and then off we'd go.

Which brings up another point: drivers in that era came in two varieties. No, not male or female, but "drive in The Cities" drivers and "don't drive in The Cities" drivers. (As in: "No, someone will have to take them because he doesn't drive in The Cities.")

You must remember these were the days before freeways. That's right, no 494, 694, or 394; everything was block by block: stop light by stop light. Even with that I never could quite understand the reluctance to drive in The Cities. I mean, a stop light in Minneapolis functions the same as one in Litchfield or St. Cloud. (Red, stop; green, go; yellow, go faster!) However, driving in The Cities did require a lot better knowledge of the streets at that time than it does now. (Sometime I will tell you about the most lost I have ever been in my entire life -- in downtown St. Paul.) Some "Cities drivers" used the Foshay Tower as their point of reference, which was fine if you could keep it in view. (That's right, there was no IDS building then, either!)

I don't remember much about being there, but I do remember a large table with lots of food and the TV. Now let me tell you about the TV. This was the first TV I had ever seen and it was quite a machine. Yes, it was a machine. It was probably close to 4 feet tall, 2-1/2 feet wide and deep. The picture tube was all of 5 or 6 inches square. The images on it were fuzzy and indistinct and there was lots of "snow" in the picture. Grandpa Mellon would move the antennae around and adjust this knob or twist that knob but nothing seemed to help much.

"Too much 'static' in the air," he would say.

I don't remember much about Grandpa Mellon, other than he was very tall and had a big, booming, hearty laugh. He seemed to me very kind and gentle for such a big man!

Trivia about the Farmall "H" from last week:

This may interest you old tractor buffs. The Farmall "H," like in last week's Bulletin, was produced for 15 years and more than 40,000 of them were manufactured. That is the largest number of tractors of any model produced by International Harvester.

Steve Miller
Coral Springs, FL

By Don Anderson
Alexandria, MN

Photo © Brenda Anderson Hill
The farm house on the family farm near Dwight, North Dakota, today.

The Anderson Family Farm

I read with much interest about the moving of another generation to the Anderson family farm in last week's Bulletin.

I am sure Brenda and Nathan, upon getting there, just snapped on the lights and adjusted the thermostat. This was not the case 65 years ago when the Anderson family stepped foot onto the 120-acre farm near Dwight, North Dakota.

In the year 1940, our dad, Harry Anderson, decided to purchase the farm from two sisters who owned the place. The renter who lived there put up an awful fight and the wife came in crying, "You are taking our home!"

To ease the situation, the ladies let them stay one more year and Harry got the chance to purchase it in 1941.

I recall moving like it was yesterday. Dad and I moved our machinery to a corner of the land and plowed it. At this time we leased another quarter section and plowed that before moving into the farmstead.

The buildings were in a bad way, doors falling off the barn, the house was never cared for and one could throw a cat through the walls. No electricity, no running water, and the road into the farm was just a crooked dirt road. We spent our time repairing and trying to seal up the house so we could live in it. Also getting the barn repaired enough so we could get the cattle in.

This was in November of 1941. Soon after, on December 7th, we heard Pearl Harbor was bombed. Our country was at war. We recall our dad having to register for the draft, like others his age. He was not too worried about getting drafted, not when he was married and had four kids.

During World War II we got power. I remember a crew coming out to wire our buildings. What an improvement -- even a yard light!

In the next few years we struggled with shortages of materials because everything was rationed to help the war effort.

There was no fancy two-stall garage. Our 1931 Chevy stood out in the cold. We would hook a horse onto it and pull it a few feet to start it.

We carried water to the house and carried out the wastewater. We had a little building out in the trees to take care of our urgent needs.

Spring of 1942 we had to totally rebuild all the fences. We drilled every hole with a hand auger.

Spring of 1943 the water came almost up to our house. The ice chunks broke every fence post off and twisted the wire so badly it was not possible to use it. We just hooked up a tractor and pulled it, going in big circles to form a ball, and buried it later.

So now when you young ones think how nice it is "on the farm," remember it was not always this way. There was sweat and tears involved!

The "H" Farmall

In the article on the "H" Farmall, I recall being in the yard when it was delivered. When the dealer drove away, I climbed on and started it. I liked the sound of the engine and I could smell the fresh paint burning on the muffler.

I drove down the road a bit and noticed Dad coming toward home, I drove in that direction. He smiled big and stopped and told me not to drive it in road speed. It would go 18 miles per hour.

This tractor worked long hours, as it had lights. I spent many evenings plowing. You know, I got a good idea of eternity, plowing with two bottoms on 160 acres. We used this tractor to power the 21-inch Wood Bros. thresher and on the corn picker in the fall.

These are memories I have of 65 years. Thought I should share them with all of you. I don't think there are too many living that can attest to the difficult times of the 1940's.

Travelogue t

Photo illustration © Kimberly Johnson
Rich & Marlene, left; Kim, Mark & Whitney, right.

Montana Adventure Begins
by Marlene Johnson
West Yellowstone, MT

Today is the end of our first week here in West Yellowstone. We've had a full and eventful beginning to our adventure.

We're living five blocks from the entry to the great Yellowstone National Park. We've driven through parts of it twice already. Three hundred square miles of wilderness that would take months to explore, but we're doing our best!

Of course, the first thing on our agenda was to see that faithful geyser. I didn't know how prehistoric that area looked. Steaming volcanic vents everywhere. Old Faithful being just one of thousands. I'm sure that those of you who have been here before will agree that it is almost eerie, Land-Before-Time-like.

The bison we saw looked at us like they wished we would dry up and blow away. Sick of tourists. It's a wilderness of sorts, but the animals are so used to people that it's like driving through a great big zoo. Those poor things grudgingly oblige us and our cameras.

I felt the same about Old Faithful. When we arrived at the famous geyser, the note on the front of the visitor center said that it would "go off" at 11:53. We sat obediently on the benches that have been built around her, though I really wanted to go up close and look down inside. I'm sure the first person to ever see her did just that. At approximately 11:53 (for she's not as faithful as she used to be), Old Faithful blew a great fountain of steam into the sky. We felt a little ashamed that all we could say was "Wow!" We knew we didn't really understand what was going on deep inside the earth to cause her eruption.

The second time to the park, we left after Rich got home from work. The plan was to drive as far as we could until it got dark and then drive home again. We were hoping to see some black bears or maybe even a grizzly. We were told that good bear country was at 8,000 feet near Dunraven Pass. We were lucky to see a moose getting himself a drink in the river after only several miles of driving, but Whitney wanted to see a bear. So we kept driving.

There weren't many tourists around at this time of the evening and this late in the season so there was little traffic. We hit pay dirt up at the top where it had become cold and snow covered the sides of the roads. By this time it had gotten dark enough that it was hard to see, but there was a little sun left shining on a patch of grass in the trees and there, grazing with her two cubs, was Whitney's black bear. With no other tourists around, we got to stand and watch that black bear and her cubs graze until it was too dark to see them anymore.

On our way down the mountain, Rich all of a sudden pulled over and shut off the truck. He wanted to see the stars. Layers and layers of them. With no light from the towns and cities, a person can see just how many there really are. They seem to touch each other. I'm glad he thought to stop because I hadn't been thinking about the stars, but they were more amazing than the bears.

This little town of West Yellowstone has come to feel like home. We haven't eaten at the McDonald's yet. We have eaten at Wild West Pizzaria where we had white sauce pizza with artichoke hearts, garlic chicken, mushrooms and fresh tomatoes. I don't know what about that is wild, wild west, but it sure was tasty.

The kids have always teased me because, back in Minnesota, whenever we would drive to meeting I would say that "we have the prettiest drive to meeting of anybody." It was pretty. Through the country. But now, I believe that we really, really have the prettiest drive to meeting of anybody. We drive two hours into Bozeman for Sunday meeting and 1-1/2 hours into Ennis for Bible study. It's a feast for the eyes the whole way. I suppose I'll stop seeing it after a while, just like the locals, but for now I'm amazed.

School for the kids is going well. We have high speed Internet here as opposed to the dial up service we "enjoyed" back in the big city of Long Lake. There are a lot of things that aren't very wild about this wilderness.

Time to fire up the stove. Rich will be home for lunch in a bit.

Photo illustration © Kimberly Johnson
Yellowstone moose wades in river to get a drink.

Photo illustration and poem © Rich Johnson
This tree was burned in the Yellowstone National Park fire a few years ago but now it has smaller trees growing up all around it. -- Rich Johnson

Celebrations & Observances
From the Files of
Hetty Hooper

This Week's Birthdays
October 1---Brooklynn Ann Johnson (2 years)
October 1---Carolyn Amy Horne (2 years)
October 4---Wesley Sigman
October 5---Leona Anderson
October 5---Steven Miller
October 7---Steven Anderson
Happy Birthday!

This Week's Anniversaries
October 1---Keith Mason and Lori Anderson (1 year)
October 4---Don and Patty Bratten Anderson (9 years)
October 5---Tom and Lou Miller (33 years)

More October Birthdays
October 10---Hannah Aydelotte (5 years)
October 10---Cody Printz
October 11---Jay Smith
October 12---Muriel Wold Rodriguez
October 12---Tami Anderson Hunt
October 14---Douglas Anderson
October 18---Lori Anderson
October 18---Adriana Stahlecker Brown
October 18---Diana Mellon Martin
October 18---Dan Mellon
Octber 20---Wade Morgan Printz (7 years)
October 22---Rich Johnson (from MN)
October 24---Eric Shockey
October 24---Ken Kitto
October 26---Ardis Sigman Quick
October 27---Marlene Anderson Johnson
October 28---Derrick McNeill
October 29---Sami Larson (12 years)
October 29---Tom Miller
October 30---Anne Mellon Montford

More October Anniversaries

October 17---Troy and Marlee Morgan Freesemann (12 years)
October 27---Don and Gert Dake Pettit (16 years)

October Special Days
October 9---Columbus Day (observed)
October 29---Daylight Saving Time Ends
October 31---Halloween

Miss Hetty's Mailbox:

Dear Miss Hetty,

Thanks for the birthday card!

Unfortunately, my birthday plans have changed a little from what I was hoping for. Due to a software problem that we're having a tough time figuring out, I need to travel to Waterloo, Iowa, later today [Sunday] so I can be there and ready to help right away on Monday morning.

As of right now, I'm scheduled to be there until Wednesday evening, but that could change to get me back in Moorhead earlier or later, depending on how fast we figure it out! I have some confidence that I'm going to get it fixed Monday, so maybe it'll be a quick one day trip!

Since Rylie can't quite stay home and babysit herself and Brooklynn, and since Jolene is working night shifts Sunday and Monday, that means the girls get to go spend some time with Grandpa Beaver and Grandma Donna at the farm! So it's not all bad. They're REALLY looking forward to that.

It'll be a bit of a hectic, long Sunday, since I'll have to first take the girls to the farm, before coming back to fly out of Fargo at 6:30 p.m. today, which won't get me to Waterloo until after 11:00 p.m.

But while I write this, Rylie's wrapping a second birthday present for me (the first was her Minnesota Vikings teddy bear; I have a sneaking suspicion that this one is a pair of her "My Little Ponies"), and Brooklynn is giving me a backrub, so for now all is great.

Wyatt Johnson
Moorhead, MN

Photo © Donna Johnson
Rylie & Brooklynn Johnson love visiting Grandma Donna's Daycare. Left to right: Cecilia Nelson, Katie Hoffman, Rylie Johnson, Torin Olson, Anissa Heinrich, Brooklynn Johnson

Keep Us Posted!

Please drop Miss Hetty a line and tell us who, and what, we've missed. And how about a report (photos welcome) of YOUR special celebration?

'Many Thankse

Miss Hetty


Click here to review last week's Bulletin

Yep, it is a good Bulletin! Thanks for all your efforts for our enjoyment!

Ashby, MN

I mentioned we were switching carriers. We did and our new address is: stevmarian@bellsouth.net.

Steve Miller
Coral Springs, FL

Wow, Doug's story is great!! I'm so glad he's back in the saddle again!

Patty Anderson Henderson
Minnetrista, MN

Thanks to you and Jerrianne for putting The Bulletin together EVERY week. And to all the good people who submit information, etc. to make it such an interesting weekly news issue.

Mavis Anderson Morgan
Hope, ND

Last Week's Bulletin Review JKL
by Betty Droel
MoundsView, MN

Where do I even begin on this great, one-of-a-kind, issue of The Bulletin again?

I want to send you an LTTE to try to express the impressions I had as I read it through, but I come up lacking in even a beginning as my vocabulary is too limited to describe feelings that well up to see certain pictures and subjects. Some nostalgic, some hilarious, some sad, some interesting, some so very positive.

I think the best starting place is right there at the starting place: THE FIRST PICTURE. It is always a special one, depicting a long story without words, just a quiet picture. I looked at the coloring -- so typical of Suzie McCorkell, then I looked at the pretty young lady snoozing and sure enough, it WAS Suzie, herself. A special picture, Bitzi.

We have an assisted living building project not too far from us that we have watched being built for a long time. We are totally amazed at how huge it is, and what a mastermind of supervision that it would be for all the hundreds of workmen and details to be worked out. And here our Richard Johnson has that position on a building that looks much like the one here by us. We wonder how you do it? How do you ever do it? I think one way you can even attempt to do it is having your loving family right there with you. It would have to be a very dear wife that would make the "home" on wheels work.

And then, another topper -- Weston. Thank you for writing from the depth of your heart, Weston. We have been wondering how it's going, but we hate to even ask. There would be the emptiness that would be indescribable, but only a very strong character could rise above it all and continue on with life as you are doing. We think of you, and time will bring the balm of healing to your broken heart.

I was thrilled to see the mobile home being backed onto the Johnsons' property. Could you take a picture from a little farther away when it gets all set so we can visualize this in the yard or field or wherever. It is so nice and roomy.

This Bulletin world has so many new and old news items. Now we get to follow along with another new baby Hill on the scene. Will expect to hear about it very soon now, and nice you could wait until after Hunter to have it. A new home and a new baby!

I remember driving along past Don and Dorothy Anderson's home at Howard Lake and seeing tractors lining their driveway. So it was not unexpected to find such an article as the one by Don's brother on the "H" Farmall. So nice you got a trophy, Dwight.

My printer printed 28 pages of this Bulletin ... but the one single outstanding thing when I first scrolled through it was the picture of Max, with his clear, sharp eyes and bright red collar. It looked like an advertisement for something. A very special little dog, and it should make the new mobile home a happy, friendly place with his love and attention.

The SANCTUARY story held my interest and breath and attention totally, as it was so well written, and I was so sure there would be a troll appear, rather than a little niece. A very appropriate picture to headline that story, too, but it took awhile to figure out what the word sanctuary was with that font. The picture looked spooky, just like the story. Doug, you have a gift, do you know that? You must write more and oftener. I got a sad feeling to think of this little boy out in the corn all alone needing "space," and then having it all upset. Sometimes we need a little sanctuary -- like time at the computer or just sitting in our favorite chair with our Bible or The Bulletin.

We had Jeff and Evelyn Swenson over for supper last night and I fully intended to show them the Travelogue story of his brother Sheldon's family, and forgot. That was so interesting, but it would take a certain kind of person to endure the treks they take. I will stay very content to just be in awe over the pictures of it all.

Well, that picture of Hunter Holman is a prize, that is for sure. His mother, Suzie, had a heart condition that threatened to take her life as a youth, but she lived, and was married and even had this little boy. It is a miracle for sure. So, to see the picture of OMIGOODNESS was really precious, if that's the word for that picture. The clever coloring and hat and word and artistic design to the frame on it was all beyond any words I would have to describe it. I had to stare at that for a long time. Those eyes -- you could just know he was saying that about Jettison, ha.

Thanks again, you busy editors, for always having just the right combination of stories and pictures and coloring and fonts to make it interesting and exceptional.

Betty Droel


Photo illustration © Douglas Anderson; photo by Kimberly Johnson
Marlene, Mark & Whitney in the "wilderness" -- more stars, faster Internet!

Click here to find out Who's Who in The Bulletin 1

Click here to find out Who's Where in The Bulletin l

To search a name in Who's Who or Who's Where: click on the link to open the page, then use CONTROL F on a PC or COMMAND F on a Mac. To search for a second occurrence of the name, use CONTROL G on a PC or COMMAND G on a Mac. (This works on ANY web page with text, unless the text is converted to an image. Chances are, it works in your e-mail, too.) HINT: Search by first name only, as most entries list the family name once but do not repeat the last name for each family member. In Who's Where you can search on state or city names, too.

Click here for past editions in the searchable web archive

Home About Archive Recipes Stories Galleries Who's Who Where

Quotation for the day: Open your eyes that you may see the wonder that around you lies; it will enrich your every day and make you glad and kind and wise. --Emma Boge Whisenand

EDITOR'S POLICY: If you wish to subscribe to The Bulletin, simply send me a statement of that fact. If you wish to keep receiving it I hope you will contribute to one of the columns that are running in this family epistle (at least occasionally!). My e-mail address is dma49261@juno.com

This Bulletin is copyright Dorothy M. Anderson; the contents are also copyrighted by the authors and photographers and used with their permission, and the contents are not to be used for any commercial purposes without the explicit consent of the creators.

Home About Archive Recipes Stories Galleries Who's Who Where