Henderson cousins graduate
High School Graduation of cousins: Amber & Rachel Henderson.

Updates -

UPDATE -- New Baby!
by Troy and Marlee Freesemann
Burnsville, MN

Introducing Jettison Quaid Freesemann
Born June 6, 2005 at 11:27 a.m. PST in Lewiston, Idaho
8 pounds, 12 ounces, 22 inches long

He is brought to his new parents, Troy and Marlee Freesemann, by his loving birth mommy, Brook. The "waiting period" in Washington is short, so by the time we left the hospital with him on Wednesday, he was ours. The hospital was very accommodating, allowing us to be with him immediately after he came out of the operating room and giving us our own room so we could spend the nights with him too.

This week he'll take in his first convention. We will be at Post Falls, Idaho, convention until Sunday; then we will return to see Brook and her family and take in the termination hearing on Monday. If all the paperwork is completed on time, we will return home to Minneapolis on Tuesday evening the 14th.

Troy, Marlee, Jettison Quaid Freesemann, left; Jettison Quaid, right.

by Kristi Indermark
Parrish, FL

Today is our 5th wedding anniversary. This special day has been filled with all kinds of exciting events. First we took Tyler to his 1 month check up. He is now 10 pounds 7 ounces and 21-3/4 inches long. He is very healthy and was given the okay for the flight next week. Then we signed the closing papers on our house. Finally Jerry (Jim's father) flew in to help with the move this coming week.

On Monday Jim is leaving with the two moving vans (which will each be towing a vehicle). They are hoping to make it to Wisconsin by Wednesday. I will be flying with both kids on Thursday. Our house was delayed one week, so for our first week we will be staying with Jim's parents.

Keep your fingers crossed that the drive goes well for the men and the flight goes well for the women.

Jim, Kristi, Jordan and Tyler

Jordan was helping me label boxes for the move, left; Kristi & Tyler, right.

STUDENT UPDATE -- Summer and Fall Activity
by Rachel Henderson
Minnetrista, MN

It feels wonderful to be an alumna! This summer I have most of June free (how much better could it get?!?) before I start doing my time at Pracs Institute* in Grand Forks. College starts the end of August, so I'll be heading up to NDSU in Fargo, North Dakota, around the 20th. I plan to study industrial engineering and maybe -- cross my fingers -- minor in Spanish. To put it lightly, I'm pumped. :) I just have to somehow get through June..."

*Editor's note: I just called Rachel to see just what Pracs Institute was and why she would be going there. She informed me that it is a facility that does testing on medications that are approved (and that are being used already) to find out things like how quickly they are absorbed into the blood, etc. She will be staying in a dorm there for every other week of July and August.

FAMILY UPDATE -- Introduction to the Dewey Family
by Barb Dewey

My name is Barb Dewey. My husband Russ and I live on a farm north of Ashby. I first read The Bulletin when it was sent to me by the Matriarch's daughter Donna. I loved reading about her family! I have met Donna's Mom just one time -- in the school hall after Caity's Second Grade program, a rather hectic meeting in the crowd and fuss -- but we did "hit it off." And of course I have met the rest of the family through The Bulletin.

I am a retired RN who now farms with my husband and son ... mostly I am the cook and go-fer girl, but in the August through November season of harvest I drive combine.

My spare time is spent with varied activities. Probably the one I do the most is e-mailing. I also love to read and sew. I especially like to do quilting. One of the quilts I liked especially well was a pansy quilt with nine different purple pansies, I enjoyed collecting the fabrics -- it is like painting with fabric. The one I'm working on now is an old barns and chicken quilt with nine barns and four chickens ... many different fabric pieces in that also.

Our son Mark is married to Chelle Melin. He is a Consultant Pharmacist. He checks out nursing home clients' medications to meet state regulations. He gives tons of speeches and does some teaching at NDSU College of Pharmacy. He also mentors pharmacy students at Lake Region Hospital in Fergus Falls. Chelle teaches phy ed to grades K-12 at Underwood School

Our son David is married to Heather Halena. He farms with us after graduating from the Farm Managment course at NDSCS. Heather teaches Head Start out of Brandon. David is a good bookkeeper and mechanic, which helps in the business very much. He is the type that doesn't rest until that penny off in the bank statement is resolved.

I think the one thing that makes me love The Bulletin so much is the fact that I love people and I love to travel. It is fun meeting all of you who write for the paper, and until I can travel to all the exciting and exotic places I can read about them and view them from the travelogues. Thank you everybody!

Russ & Barb Dewey at Minnesota State Fair.

The Matriarch Speaks W
by Dorothy (Dake) Anderson
Alexandria, MN

Who Is This?

Let's Play a Guessing Game: Whenever it is handy to do so we will run a picture of someone of the subscribers or staff members of our e-magazine. Tell us who you think it is -- we will let you know who was the first to guess it right -- and the correct guess -- in the following week's Bulletin.
(Send us some to run; we will line them up in our staging area to take their turn.)

How many can you identify?

Answers to last week's mystery pictures (click here to review them):

I think the picture on the right is of "The Beeps" -- not so sure about the one on the left.

Donna Johnson
Ashby, MN

Editor's note: "The Beeps" is a name that their Uncle Earl Wold gave our younger children -- Marlene, Patty, and Doug. Actually, he pretty much called all the younger kids that -- we stole it as nicknames for our "little kids"! I had never seen those pictures sent to us by Ginny [McCorkell] and I think they are so neat!! I think it is Marlene, Patty and Doug (not sure of him, though -- dressed as a girl, it is hard to tell). Patty is the first one. Oh! My this made my day!! --DMA

LTD Storybrooke

The Long Ride
By Larry Dake
Part Seven

I'd call Sherry to tell her, "I'm coming home!"

And then I'd call her back and say, "Not yet."

I have little recollection of much of the long ride for several weeks after my first brief visit home. However, I do remember my dispatcher frequently promising a long weekend off. But at the last minute, urgent loads would suddenly present themselves, and need delivering halfway across the country.

As I crisscrossed the Rockies, Sherry and I were on an emotional roller coaster. It would be four weeks before I got home again.

The Rocky Mountains were beautiful! I especially remember coming down the mountain on my way to Salt Lake City. On the south side of the road I saw a shepherd, his round topped sheep wagon, and his sheep. The sheep were grazing winter pasture just outside the freeway fence. Down in the valley I could see where the desert had turned into an oasis. A tribute to hard work and irrigation -- it was a peaceful, pastoral scene.

Near the bottom of the mountain, I came upon a lady whose utility trailer had fishtailed forth and back, breaking itself into a multitude of pieces. The trailer's contents were spewed all across the freeway -- photo albums, old letters, clothing, and common household items. The passing of each speeding motorist further degraded her worldly possessions. Weeping, the lady was dodging traffic while gathering up handfuls of her most beloved things. A highway patrol, having presently arrived on the scene, waved me on.

In Salt Lake City I picked up a load of dog food for delivery to Portland, Oregon.

I came to Portland by way of the Columbia Gorge. It was a spectacular drive with the sides of the gorge rising high on both sides of the Columbia River.

Darkness was settling as I rolled into the outskirts of the city. As I sped by on the freeway, I caught glimpses into warmly lit houses nestled in an urban forest. I was struck by their hominess.

I thought, If I ever had to move my family to a city to find work, this would be the city.

Back home, in Minnesota, I had exhausted what few job prospects I could find. The small town economy was bad -- business places and houses stood empty. Including the shoe repair shop I had sold a little over a year ago. And I was coming to understand that this long haul trucking job -- though reasonably lucrative, and full of adventure -- wasn't a very good fit for my family and me.

Moving was becoming a likelihood, though we had not embraced that possibility.

While the dog food was being unloaded in Portland the following morning, I called the trucking company to report a problem with my trailer brakes. Before I left the warehouse, a wiry little mechanic showed up to adjust the brakes. He wasn't wearing a coat, and he was grumbling about the cold.

Strange! I thought. The present thirty-two degree weather seemed pretty balmy to me!

A very fine, light rain was falling and ice was just beginning to form on windshields and stop signs. I spent the night in the truck, with the engine off, listening to the gentle pitter-patter of the rain on the roof. By morning, Portland was at a standstill. Everything was covered with ice, and the freeways were closed. I killed some time looking around the city. By late afternoon the ice had melted and I was back on the road.

This time I was headed south, down I-5 through the heart of the Willamette Valley. The valley was a beautiful green expanse, bordered by the snow covered Rocky Mountains to the east, and the fog enshrouded Cascade Mountains to the west. The primary crop in the valley was grass seed, and the grass was as green now, as a well-watered lawn in the summer. Many of the fields of grass were dotted with large flocks of lambs. The minor cold spell of the previous day was past, and the temperature was nearly fifty degrees!

When darkness fell, I stopped to spend the night at a wayside rest. The pine trees at the rest area were extraordinarily tall and beautiful. Mist was drifting down through the boughs. The air smelled sensuous, and glowed softly from the electric lights. As I walked across the misty parking lot, my steps intersected with an attractive young woman's -- a "Star!"-- dressed in short, red leather pants and matching red, leather top. With arms, legs, and midriff bare, she was prancing and dancing through the mist on her way to her waiting motor coach.

It was abundantly clear that she was feeling an exuberance of spirit in this delightful place.

Inside the rest stop's information center, I picked up the pay phone and called Sherry. I had to tell her about my new discovery -- this "ever-green" land where people weren't all bundled up for the duration of the winter.

Greetings from the Netherlands
by Ary Ommert, Jr.
Maassluis, The Netherlands

This week an update from the Netherlands; the past weeks have been very busy for me and I couldn't find time for writing.

The spring so far has been too cold here; only a few days had high temperatures. After such a hot day we usually get a thunderstorm and it happened a few times that the next day was 15 degrees C colder. How do people get sick!!!! Till after coming weekend it stays cool and during the weekend rain again. For high temperatures we have to go to Spain, Italy, Greece and Turkey. I will have my holidays in July; hope it will be better then.

The economy here is not getting better; an increase of 3% was estimated for this year but until now this year not even 1% was realized. This makes that people don't spend money. The stores are complaining and also in our garden center we notice it. Compared to last year we sold 10% less. The garden furniture and barbecues minus 30% compared to last year. There are many articles in stock and think we will start with a sale next week to try to sell the articles.

Last week we could vote for the European constitution. France was the first country to vote and 55% of the French people were against. Next was the Netherlands; the results here 65% of the Dutch people are against the European constitution. Since we changed from Guilder to Euro, everything became more expensive and the salaries stayed the same. People don't have trust in our economy at the moment and don't want new laws and rules at the moment.

Our prime minister was embarrassed by a minister from Belgium who compared him with Harry Potter, and said he was unable to make decisions. Have enclosed a picture of our prime minister; do you think he looks like Harry Potter????

Harry Potter or P.M.?

In next article I will tell more about the garden center.

Greetings to all the readers of The Bulletin.

Ary Ommert jr.

by Frans de Been
Oosterhout, The Netherlands

Rian celebrates 50th birthday with a "Sara" Day.

Hallo people, yes, celebrations!!!!

I would like to explain something that we have here in the Netherlands when we become 50. That age is for us (Dutch) a special age to have an ABRAHAM or SARA day.

What do we do for those who have that age? Normally a DOLL in the garden or at the front of the house. For Abraham or Sara. This is, in the Netherlands, a general custom.

Why I write you now this explanation is because my wife, RIAN, has today the age of 50.

I have had my ABRAHAM doll 3 years ago (May 1). The explanation of this custom is:

The tradition is based upon a story in the Bible. It is written that Jesus once said that Abraham had "seen" the day on which Jesus would become the Messiah. Skeptics, however, who first misunderstood and thought that Jesus was saying that he had actually met Abraham himself, said sarcastically, "Not yet fifty years of age, but you have already seen Abraham!"

Hence the tradition in the Netherlands: when you reach the age of 50 you see Abraham or Sara.

So this is a custom that is (so far as I have knowledge of) only here in my country, The Netherlands. Here in my home town (Oosterhout), we have once a year ABRAHAM's Day. In the park there is a statue of Abraham. This was my story about becoming the age of "50."

Have a nice day, from Oosterhout.

Frans de Been

Frans, left, "saw Abraham," May 1, 2002; Abraham statue in park, right.

Travelogue t

The Bolivian Beat
By Kjirsten Swenson

Photo Editor's Note: Kjirsten returned to Bolivia for a second year of independent study, prior to entering medical school at Baylor University in Houston later this summer. She has recently been trekking in Peru with her father, Sheldon, older brother Shane and his friend Marshall, and her youngest brother, Tyler, and his friend Greg.

Kjirsten's mother, Mitzi, and younger sister, Aunika, are at home in Dickinson, North Dakota. Mitzi couldn't be gone at this time of the year, because of her job, and Derek (the middle brother) is off on an adventure of his own in Australia. "The guys" are due to return from Peru June 11.

Kjirsten returns to the USA June 13. She's going directly to Houston, where Mitzi will meet her to help her buy a condo to get Texas residency for medical school. She starts at Baylor July 25. She did not get a replacement camera after being robbed of hers, but Sheldon will have lots of pictures -- though unfortunately, not in time for this week's issue of The Bulletin. If you type
Machu Picchu into search engines like Google.com you will find lots of pictures, virtual tours, etc. We will continue this series for several more issues, until our accumulated material runs out.

Machu Picchu

Tyler, Dad, and Greg arrived Friday night and we've been furiously exploring ever since! Yesterday we flew to Cuzco and continued directly to a town on the Machu Picchu Rail Line. That night we took the train to Aguas Calientes, the village nearest to Machu Picchu.

Yesterday we arose at 4 a.m. to hike to the ruins in time for the sunrise. I had forgotten, rather conveniently I suppose, that Machu Picchu is located on a mountain top and we were in the valley... The trail was an endless stone staircase. Two hours of climbing later, we were on a green mountain top, scattered with the incredible stone ruins of Machu Picchu.

The weather was a little too atmospheric, so instead of watching the sunrise we watched the gray sky get progressively lighter. But it was still magical to be at the ruins before almost everyone else. We hired a guide to explain what we were seeing and spent a couple of hours marveling at the exquisite temples, terracing, and irrigation system that makes Machu Picchu one of the wonders of the ancient world. And the location itself would be spectacular without the ruins.

The area is surrounded by beautiful mountains, steep volcanic masses blanketed in thick semi-tropical vegetation, and further behind them, snowy peaks of the Andes. We climbed a nearby mountain, Huayna Picchu, for a better view of the ruins.

Tyler and Greg were feeling the effects of elevation and lack of sleep, so chose to snack on french fries and rest while dad and I did the climb. Yesterday we returned to Cuzco by train and bus and were happy to crash immediately upon arriving around 8 p.m.

Cuzco is the former religious and political capital of the Incas and is full of Inca stone work and colonial churches built upon raised Inca sacred sites. It has been special to learn more about the greatest Pre-Colombian civilization in South America.

In a period of around one hundred years, the Incas conquered most of the native groups living in a very large portion of the continent. At the height of their reign, they controlled lands north to Colombia, south well into Chile, all of the Bolivian Highlands, and Northern Argentina.

They constructed an intricate network of 42,000 km of roads. They imposed their language on the conquered peoples, and even today, natives as far away as Argentina speak Quechua. And in addition to their remarkable ability in warfare and governing, the Incas were expert astronomers, architects, farmers and weavers... An impressive civilization indeed.

We plan to explore Cuzco at a slower pace until flying back to Lima to meet Shane and Marshall tomorrow. Tyler, Greg, and Dad slept for around 12 hours last night and seem to have recovered.

Later, Kjirsten

At last, a little more time to write. Traveling with Kjirsten hasn't changed; she keeps you busy and you walk a lot. So at 11,100 feet and four short nights, we are a bit tired.

You have heard about getting up at four in the morning to climb 1,200 feet in the dark up the Inca steps to see the sunrise, that didn't visibly, rise due to thick clouds and fog. Machu Picchu was as good as expected. Wish you could have been with us to enjoy it. The bus, train and cab rides were not especially fun, but easier and faster than hiking to get there on the Inca trail.

The weather is very good, sunny, warm in the afternoon, but dark by 6 p.m. and very cool in the evening. No heat in the hostel where we are sleeping, but warm blankets -- and the price is right, at $3 per head. We even have hot water for showers and toilet seats, which we did not have at the last two places, so life is pretty good.

We splurged for lunch and ate at the most highly recomended place in Cuzco, according to Kjirsten's book: the Inca Grill. I had beef tenderloin with mushroom sauce over fancy rice for about $14. I was still full from lunch tonight so had an egg sandwich for $1 -- which included salad bar.

Tyler is eating like a pig, regular meals and then yogurt or crepes every hour or two between meals. Greg is eating OK, but not nearly as much. We are trying to fatten him up for the trail. We have discovered Inca Cola, the favorite Peruvian Soda. It is not bad, but MD is better.

Tomorrow we hike up to the ruins above Cuzco and then fly back to Lima tomorrow afternoon. We then meet Shane and Marshall Wednesday a.m. and north to the mountains.

Love, Sheldon and gang

Bath Abbey, built in 1499.

Day Trip to Bath & Stonehenge
by Weston Johnson
Maple Grove, MN

As I've described over the past few weeks, the majority of my time in London was spent seeing the sights of London itself. However, Kristie and I were looking for an opportunity to see more of the English countryside.

Ben and Mandy recommended taking a train to the City of Bath, which is located in the southwestern part of the country. Along with the City of Bath itself, this trip would allow us to see Stonehenge as well. Ben and Mandy decided to stay behind since they had already made the trip before, but Kristie and I headed to the train station early Tuesday morning.

The train passed through the outskirts of London, eventually reaching the countryside, affording views of rolling green hills, fields and quaint villages. After a 1-1/2 hour train ride, we arrived in Bath. As we neared the train station, we enjoyed views of the City, which is set on hillsides and features beautiful architecture.

Once we had arrived and oriented ourselves, we signed up for a bus tour of the City. We sat in the open-air top level of the bus, which we had pretty much to ourselves, due to the chilly weather. The tour brought us past many historical buildings, most notably the Bath Abbey, a medieval era church that dominates the central part of the City. The Abbey, which was built in 1499, can be seen in the attached picture. A previous structure on the same location was the site of the crowning of Edgar, the first King of England in 973.

Following our bus tour, we proceeded to tour the Roman baths from which the City took its name. Bath is the site of a natural hot spring. When the Romans ruled the area 2,000 years ago, they devised a system to capture the hot spring water and collect it into baths.

The system includes pumps and canals through which the water is brought to the bath house, and a drainage system to get rid of the excess water. While the original bathhouse no longer stands, the pump and drainage systems are still operational after 2,000 years. In the 1890's, the ruins of the original bathhouse were excavated and the present structure was built on the site, allowing tourists to view the baths as well as a museum of artifacts from the original bathhouse.

Once we had completed our tour of the Bath house, it was time for us to catch our van tour to Stonehenge. As was the case with the tour bus, we had the van to ourselves. (I guess Bath is not a hot spot on a Tuesday in April.)

Our van driver/ tour guide had the appearance of an eccentric college history professor: thin, long haired, somewhat unkempt, and wearing a brown blazer that may have been fashionable sometime in the 1800's. True to his appearance, he spent the 45 minute drive explaining to us why Stonehenge was built, how it became such a cultural phenomena, and his views on several unrelated topics, such ranging from American television to the war in Iraq. He was definitely not your average tour guide, which I felt was a good thing, as he kept us entertained throughout the drive there and back.

Stonehenge is located in an area that reminded me a little of Ashby, with rolling hills of green fields and pastures. In fact, I would describe the area as nondescript were it not for the giant, nine-foot high stones forming a circle in the middle of the prairie. We were able to spend as much time as we pleased walking around Stonehenge observing the structure from all angles while listening to facts on its history through the hand held recorders provided to visitors.

While I had seen Stonehenge countless times on TV and in pictures, it was impressive to see it in person and imagine the effort it took to transport the huge stones over that vast prairie and to lift them into position.

To add to the degree of difficulty, the stones had to be placed in exact position so they could be used to chart the movement of the stars and to predict the changing seasons. Early farmers in the area would know when to plant and harvest their crops, based on where the shadow cast by the heel stone, which is located outside of the main circle, fell against the upright stones forming the circle at sunrise. To accomplish this effect, the construction of Stonehenge required a great deal of intellectual power as well as physical strength.

Once we had seen Stonehenge, we returned to Bath, via a different route that brought us through several villages, as our tour guide pointed out various churches, houses and pubs that had been built in the early part of the last millennium and are still in use today. We arrived in Bath well before our train was scheduled to depart for London, so on the advice of our friendly tour guide, we stopped for a steak dinner at Saracen's Head, a pub that was once frequented by Charles Dickens.

I was a little hesitant to eat a steak in England, which I seem to remember was the origin of the mad cow disease scare, but I ate it nonetheless. It was delicious, and my brain still seems to be functioning properly nearly two months later, so I think I made a good decision.

After our meal we headed back to the train station and enjoyed a relaxing trip back to London, finally arriving home at 10:30 p.m. We were exhausted after a long day of traveling and touring, but were very glad we had taken the opportunity to see more of what England has to offer.

Roman Bath, from 2,000 years ago.

Weston at Stonehenge, which predicted the changing of seasons.

Grand Marais waterfront.

Our Weekend Adventure
Part One
by Lori Chap & Shawn Ostendorf
Maple Grove & Rogers, MN

We were privileged to be invited by our good friends Brian and Kristin Nordling to northern Minnesota for a weekend unlike any others. We made the trek up on Thursday night, June 2nd, and stayed until Sunday the 5th. Our "cabin" was a four-bedroom unit at Caribou Highlands Resort, Lutsen. It was fabulous! More like a townhome than cabin really. The resort included an indoor and outdoor pool, bonfire pit, restaurant, tennis courts, basketball court and many other activities. Our cabin was three levels and included a spa, multiple decks, and nice sized kitchen, dining room and living room area.

Caribou Highlands Website: http://www.caribouhighlands.com/poplarridge_homes.htm

Our crew included: Brian, Kristin, Keith and Kyle Nordling; Lori Chap, Shawn Ostendorf, Caity and Jayce Chap; Christy and Tyler Peterson. (Christy is Brian and Kristin's sister-in-law and Tyler is her cute little boy. Unfortunately Christy's husband, Kurt, was not able to come.)

On our first full day, we decided to venture to the harbor village of Grand Marais, Minnesota. The landscape is etched from stone by the water that resides within its two natural harbors and the inland sea of Lake Superior beyond. Upon driving into town, you immediately feel like you are in an east coast fishing community.

Our first stop was a park/rest area aside the highway on the way into the town. The following picture is of the kids in our group. Clockwise: Keith Nordling, Jayce Chap, Caity Chap, Tyler Peterson and Kyle Nordling. The weather was a little cooler by the lake, but that didn't stop the kids (or adults) from trying their hand at rock skipping!

To be continued.

Rockskipping: Caity, Shawn & Jayce, left; all five kids, right.

This and That
by Elaine Wold
Wahpeton, ND

For Sale
From Melinda Miranowski
Wahpeton, ND

French Provincial bedroom furniture in very good condition.
Medium brown finish. Includes: Full-size headboard and footboard,
triple dresser and mirror, chest of drawers, night stand with marble top.
$350.00 for all. Located in Wahpeton, ND

L-shaped computer desk with hutch top.
Measures 5' long on each side & 5' high.
Four overhead compartments (3 open, 1 closed).
Pull-out keyboard shelf.
"L" contains a letter-sized file drawer for hanging files.
Dark woodgrain finish with black surfaces.
One year old. $75.00

Four swivel bar stools in excellent condition.
Seat is 24-1/2" from the floor. Top of backrest is 38".
Comfortable backs & footrests.
Maple finish.
$60 each. 1/2 price of new.

Call Mindy/leave message at (701) 672-1228

Celebrations & Observances
From the Files of
Hetty Hooper

This Week's Special Days
June 14---Flag Day

This Week's Birthdays:
June 16---Gina Henderson
June 18---Caitlynn Mae Chap (9 years)

Happy Birthday!

This Week's Anniversaries:
June 18---Jason and Tami Anderson Hunt (1 year)


More June Birthdays:
June 1---Jeremiah Dake
June 4---Merna Hellevang

June 5---Rian de Been
June 7---Shane Swenson
June 8---Ashley Huseby (2 years)

June 19---Doris Anderson
June 19---Ashley Meyers
June 20---Spencer Aydelotte (11 years)
June 20---Roy Droel
June 20---Julian Montford
June 21---Ary Ommert Jr.
June 24---Aiden Montford (2 years)
June 25---Ben Henderson
June 26---Greg Wm. Dake
June 26---De Myers
June 27---Sam Mellon
June 29---Tim Huseby
More June Anniversaries
June 3---Larry and Ginny McCorkell (33 years)
June 6---Wyatt and Jolene Johnson (7 years)
June 7---Clark and Susan Miller Smith (14 years)
June 10---Jim and Kristi Larson Indermark (5 years)

June 19---Curt and Patty Anderson Henderson (23 years)
June 20---Rich and Marlene Anderson Johnson (24 years)
June 20---Steve and Marian Miller (35 years)
June Graduations
More June graduations? Please send dates and details to Miss Hetty!

June Special Days
June 14---Flag Day
June 19---Father's Day
June 21---Summer begins

Miss Hetty's Mailbox:

Hello Miss Hetty-

Thank you for the cute anniversary card ... and for doing the math for me. I thought it had been 33 years but I hadn't stopped to figure it out!

Ginny and Larry McCorkell
Blaine, MN

Jettison Quaid joins the Freesemann team. How sweet is that!

Keep Us Posted!

Please drop Miss Hetty a line and tell us who, and what, we've missed. And how about a report (photos welcome) of YOUR special celebration?

'Many Thankse

Miss Hetty


I doubt this will do justice to another great Bulletin, but will send you a little sketch of how much Roy and I both enjoyed it. Thanks again, Dorothy, for including us.

First off, the picture of the little baby robin about ready for take off was very special. Imagine ever getting such a close up picture into a bird nest. It looks like it has its eye on Miss Kitty -- no wonder they flew away right after it was taken. Now we will have to think of some other series to keep track of from week to week.

The Robin story was especially heartwarming -- everyone loves nature. Especially baby things. Thanks, Jerrianne, for the dedicated, intense work to keep track of their every move for us. I can't imagine anyone else that I know of having that expertise, including the set up and camera and tree so close by. To think you never scared them off amazes us.

The pictures of Tyler and Jordan on page 2 will be precious just a few months down the line. For some reason, Jordan reminds me of Sharon (Miller), Jim and Blanche's daughter. I usually see things no one else agrees with though, ha.

The family picture of the Printzes was very nice. Though we don't know them, you almost feel like you do. Wonder if they would know Roy's brother, Bob, and Lucille in Denver?

I can't even guess at who the mystery pictures are this week. They are so CUTE, though.

The LTD Storybrooke was another winner. One could almost see and smell and taste it all from his descriptions. Thanks, Larry, for taking time to write that. It was great. I love his vocabulary. I certainly never knew he could write like that! Did he miss his calling?

Kjirsten's experiences were exciting, too, and I think she has an aunt that could have easily kept up with if she were her age ... from all I hear of her travels in the north part of the world as Kjirsten's is in the south part of the world, some other great stories could also be written.

The Johnson travelers are sending us pictures and stories of places we will never ever see ourselves, but have heard of all our life. For instance, Buckingham Palace, etc.

I loved the north shore trip story, too, as we had just done that same thing last weekend, except stayed at a Lutzen resort condo. The best food yet was at the Bluefin. Of course we had to stop at the world famous Betty's Pies.

If I weren't so long winded, you could get on with your life, and here I keep you reading and reading ... but I love to tell you how much we enjoy The Bulletin.

Betty Droel
MoundsView, MN

Photo Editor's Note: That baby robin probably WAS watching Miss Kitty -- and I might easily have slept right through that last feeding, but I have a feeling Miss Kitty had something to do with my waking up in time to see it. She was a very good and dedicated early morning robin watcher!

Could it be that LTD has FOUND his calling here? We all benefit from the effort Larry has made to acquire his rich vocabulary and precise wordsmithing tools. And thanks to his years of caring and thoughtful observation, through a lifetime of experiences most of us will never have, he always has something cogent to say. Check out all his archived stories here: LTD Storybrooke.

Despite some age difference, Kjirsten probably STILL has an aunt who could give her a run for the money when it comes to trekking. Her name is Mia Nelson and she contributed a wonderful story and web gallery of photos on Goatpacking the Pacific Crest Trail to Bulletin 77, December 14, 2003.

I should have asked before; would you please add me to the "subscription" list? Some weeks I get so busy, I forget to check the website. That way I won't miss any issues.

Brian Nordling
Prior Lake, MN

Editor's Note: Brian and Kristen Nordling met Lori Chap at Bemidji State. Kristin and Lori became friends early on during their freshman year and eventually were roommates. Lori is also the Godmother of their son Kyle.


Click here to find out Who's Where in The Bulletin l

To search a name in Who's Who or Who's Where: click on the link to open the page, then use CONTROL F on a PC or COMMAND F on a Mac. To search for a second occurrence of the name, use CONTROL G on a PC or COMMAND G on a Mac. (This works on ANY web page with text, unless the text is converted to an image. Chances are, it works in your e-mail, too.) HINT: Search by first name only, as most entries list the family name once but do not repeat the last name for each family member. In Who's Where you can search on state or city names, too.

Click here for past editions of The Bulletin in the web archive

Home About Archive Recipes Stories Galleries Who's Who Where

QUOTATION FOR THE DAY: Leadership is doing what is right when no one is watching. --George Van Valkenburg

EDITOR'S POLICY: If you wish to subscribe to The Bulletin, simply send me a statement of that fact. If you wish to keep receiving it I hope you will contribute to one of the columns that are running in this family epistle (at least occasionally!). My e-mail address is dma49261@juno.com

This Bulletin is copyright Dorothy M. Anderson; the contents are also copyrighted by the authors and photographers and used with their permission, and the contents are not to be used for any commercial purposes without the explicit consent of the creators.